It was a lovely surprise to receive my first blogging award. Thank you to Box Office Girl for giving it to me. Liebster is apparently a German word meaning kind or sweet. If I choose to accept the award the rules are:
- Thank the person who bestows it and link to their blog.
- Answer the questions posed by the bestow-er of the award.
- Give eleven random facts about myself.
- Propose five further blogs for the award and set questions for them.
So here goes with the questions posed by Box Office Girl.
When was the last time you went to the theatre and what did you see?
I went to see ‘Plays & Pinot’ at the wonderful Stephen Joseph Theatre. I think it important to support local talent.
2. Who would you most like to interview?
That’s a hard one because there are any number of women writers (living and dead) I’d like to interview. Perhaps at this moment, Anya Lipska to get some tips on where to go with my crime series.
3. Who would you most like to be interviewed by?
I fantasise about being on the BBC Breakfast red sofa.
4. Do you snore?
Depends on who you’re asking.
5. Have you ever stood up a date for no good reason?
I haven’t dated in so long, I can’t remember.
6. Have you ever worn the same clothes 2, 3 or more days on the trot?
Three is probably my limit. Though when we were doing up this house, I wore the same old clothes day-in, day-out, and my hair was stiff with brick dust.
7. If you were a T-shirt what colour would you be and why?
Purple and green, the suffragette colours.
8. Have you ever parked in a disabled spot when you shouldn’t?
No, absolutely not.
9. What is your best quality?
10. What is your worst quality?
My crippling self-doubt.
11. Which of your blog posts is your favourite and why?
I’ve enjoyed doing my Confessions of an Indie Publisher (more to come….) It’s given me an opportunity to vent a bit, share my experience and be of use to other writers.
11 random facts:
- I was born in Switzerland.
- I can wiggle my right ear but not my left.
- I love eating ice.
- I once swam in Lock Ness.
- I love going to bed really early, especially in winter with my electric blanket on.
- I had my first alcoholic drink when I was 24, it was a Malibu and orange.
- I hate to see litter.
- I once wrote an episode of Starsky & Hutch.
- I once did an illegal left-hand turn when driving in London (just the once).
- I can knit.
- I hate cleaning.
My questions to my nominees:
- What book are you reading?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What was the last poem you read which spoke to you?
- What is your pet hate?
- What is your best quality?
- What is your worst quality?
- Where would you like to travel to?
- If you were a piece of furniture what would it be?
- What era in history would you like to visit?
- What is your top tip to other writers?
- What’s your secret treat to yourself?
Congratulations Kate! It’s always nice to get some recognition for all our hard work.
Have followed your blog now. Don’t know how I managed to miss it before!
Love from The Hedgehog x
Thank you very much. And good blogging!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations on your award, Kate, and I love your answer to the question do you snore? as well as the other interesting facts you’ve shared.
I do appreciate the nomination but unfortunately I’ve had that one twice and have decided I am so bad at doing my response ports are not able to accept any more.
Thanks, Anne. I can understand your decision. It took me quite a while to fulfil all the criteria. I just wanted to show that I enjoy reading your blog!
Congrats on the award 🙂
Thank you. Just followed your blog, so we’ll be in communication.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much for following, hope you’ll like your stay here 😀
Thank you so much Amanda. Hope life is treating you well.
Thanks for the nomination 😀
Thanks for the nomination, Kate E.! I’ve actually already received this award, so I have updated the post to include your nomination and the answers to you questions!
Thanks Kate C. Yes, I can see these awards do go round and round and they can be quite time-consuming… Still it was good for me as it was my first award and I handed it onto you as I do genuinely enjoy your blog. I’ve got your Very Inspiring Blog Award which I will be pleased to accept next week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: Liebster Award: Acceptance and Nominations | Kate M. Colby